King and Queen County, Va the wait is over…
FIBER INTERNET IS HERE
Are you ready for lightning-fast Internet speeds?
RiverStreet Networks and King and Queen County have partnered to bring you fiber internet! In 2019, RiverStreet Networks and the County filed a successful joint application with the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) for Virginia Telecommunication Initiative (VATI) funding. Using capital funds as well as grant funds from King and Queen County, VATI, and the FCC CAF II program, RiverStreet Networks has initiated construction in the County to build a Fiber-optic network. There are multiple phases to the project, with an estimated completion in 2023. This fiber network will make faster speeds possible, meaning you can enjoy up to 500 Megabits per second internet speeds in your home or business.
Fiber Build Updates
It can feel like a lifetime when you’re waiting for something you really want, and we promise Fiber-optic Internet is worth the wait. Our goal is to bring you Fiber Internet service as quickly as possible, but there is a lot of preparation that takes place before we can connect every home in your area.
Search your address below to see when services are available at your home or business.
If you are having trouble viewing the map below click here.
Benefits of Fiber
Fiber service has a long list of benefits for you and your home. With Fiber from RiverStreet, enjoy:
- A reliable, high-quality connection
- Unlimited Internet usage (no data limits!)
- A future proofed home for technology
- Less vulnerability to glitches or interference–even from weather!
- Clearer phone conversations and reliable access to 911
- Secure voice and data transmissions
- Increased property values
- Faster connection speeds for multiple devices at once