Join us as we continue to grow and redefine Internet in rural communities.
At RiverStreet Networks, you’ll find associates united by a single purpose: to provide excellence in customer service and add value to the lives of our customers and the communities we serve.
Business Development Manager – NC
There is one full-time opening in North Carolina for a Business Development Manager.
Anyone wishing to apply should e-mail your name and qualifications to:
Job posting closes on April 7, 2022.
|I. PURPOSE OF POSITION|
Seek out business opportunities across the state in an effort to partner on projects. Engage with such potential partners, their managers and boards as well as other stakeholders in a way to encourage opportunities to work together. Cultivate and maintain relationships with public and private partners. Assist in seeking, applying for and reporting on future and existing grant opportunities. Assist in the creation of project scope, design, reporting, requisitions and close-out of projects from start to finish. Research, track and advocate for legislative enhancements for our industry.
|II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES|
- Actively pursue opportunities in the state to expand our business model.
- Work with stakeholders by selling them on opportunities to work together.
- Research county, state and federal funding opportunities within our industry.
- Manage the application and submission process with internal stakeholders to meet deadlines.
- Research state and federal legislative bills and make recommendations to leadership for advocacy.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain good notes and historical information regarding projects.
- Periodically assist the enterprise and commercial sales team with research, coordination and execution of potential sales opportunities.
- Help with special projects/reports as instructed by management.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with company procedures, rules and regulations.
|III. JOB KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, & TRAINING|
- Must know how to operate a computer terminal and personal computer using Windows, MS Excel spreadsheet, MS PowerPoint and other software.
- Knowledge of the broadband and communications industry preferred.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Skills in reading and interpreting spreadsheets and financial data.
- Skills in written and oral communication.
- Ability to speak in front of people.
- Ability to communicate with employees, customers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner directly, virtually or by phone.
- Ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to think creatively and make suggestions for improvement.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
Equipment and/or tools used to perform job functions
- PC Computer
- Printer / Copier / Scanner
- Word Processing / Spreadsheets / Presentations
|V. WORKING CONDITIONS AND OTHER FEATURES|
- Ninety-five percent of work is in a controlled office environment.
- Travel throughout the state may be required with overnight stays out of town.
- Exempt position.
- Employee must be adaptable to change caused by new technology and implementation.
- Employee must “be diligent” in returning calls in a timely and efficient manner.
- Employee must be disciplined to work independently or with a team to meet timelines and deadlines.
- Employee must exercise professionalism, respect and patience with internal and external stakeholders in the organization.
Currently we don’t have any open positions in your area. Thank you for your interest and please check back later.
The work described above includes the overall function of the job but is not considered a detailed description of each individual duty of the employee. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
RiverStreet Networks is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, familial status, genetic information membership or activity in local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, or other status protected by local or national law. RiverStreet Networks will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment practices including, but not limited to, the following: hiring, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, selection, layoff, disciplinary action, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and selection for training, including apprenticeship. RiverStreet Networks provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities.